Tuesday, November 2, 2010

commercial break: Natalia Vodianova for Kamiseta [video]


I know it's not a photo post, but let me put this in my blog because of the following :

  • It's a behind-the-scenes video of Natalia Vodianova, my favorite foreign model, posing for a local brand, Kamiseta. 
  • The photographer for the campaign is Caroline Schiff, whose portraits I absolutely adore
  • It's directed by the uber-talented Marie Jamora (who also directed Bamboo's awesome music video for "Muli")
I have a thing for almost all behind-the-scenes videos of photoshoots that I discover or end up watching, and this one is no exception. In fact, it's already among my favorites because this photoshoot has forever been my peg for the "soft, warm, breezy" style of photography that I love. Caroline Schiff, Natalia Vodianova, and the Kamiseta team really pulled it off on this one. Everything looks so natural. I think it's absolutely amazing and admirable that Kamiseta was able to get Natalia Vodianova as their image model. I've been a fan of hers since she appeared in Calvin Klein underwear ads a few years back, and even more so when I found out how she triumphed over poverty in her real life rags-to-riches story.

Natalia Vodianova photographed by Caroline Schiff

Natalia Vodianova for Kamiseta


and here is Natalia and her family (photographed by the legendary Mario Testino) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment