Thursday, December 30, 2010

Snapshots: Lunch/Dessert date with Hannah

Spent a few hours with my high school best bud, Hannah eating (and driving) around Makati. It felt great to be able to walk around while updating each other with what's been going on in our lives. We were talking about how fast 2010 has gone by. In my 20 years of existence, I would definitely say that 2010 has been the "fastest" year in my life. I don't know where all the months have gone! Perhaps I should make a 2010 recap entry -- it would be nice to reminisce about the fun times I had this year. Hannah wrote a 2010 recap entry for her blog and it made me realize that 2010 was such an eventful year for the both of us.

Anyway, we had lunch at Chicken BonChon at Ayala Triangle Gardens. Hooray for good food and great company! Alas, I was not able to take my camera with me because I rushed to BonChon to meet Hannah! It was raining cats and dogs in the area and I left my umbrella at home. :(

We enjoyed the Soy Garlic chicken wings. It reminded me of the time when my good friend Gabby took me to KyoChon (or was that actually BonChon...? Hmmm...) at Koreatown in LA and we scarfed down that box of wings like there was no tomorrow! I'm really glad it's in Makati and close to where I live. I will definitely be coming back for more. I especially loved the park ambiance of Ayala Triangle Gardens. I was there last Monday night and appreciated all the lights and the cool breeze. Unfortunately, I was not able to take pictures of that as well.

Our next stop was Bonifacio High Street, where we stopped by Starbucks and Cupcakes By Sonja for quick chats about school, work, friends, and family. I took my camera with me this time. Here are some snapshots:

Hannah took this photo of me at Starbucks Fully Booked, Bonifacio High Street

So...it rained pretty hard, and my newly washed sneakers ended up looking like this.

SHHHH! (I'm sorry! I couldn't help myself! HAHAHAHA)

Cupcakes By Sonja's Mocha Motion cupcake...yum!

quick snapshot of Hannah's cupcake (Vanilla Sunshine) before it finds its way to her tummy

Hannah

nothing like a hot cup of coffee on a cold rainy day

the buildings seem to disappear in the clouds
"The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart." ~Elisabeth Foley

1 comment: